PLEASE NOTE: We are making both scheduling and program adjustments in light of guidance from public health officials regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus). Please click HERE for up-to-date adjustments to hours, programming and event cancellations/postponements. Mahalo for your understanding.
Host a drive for goods and the Hawaiian Humane Society can devote more of its resources to animal protection and saving more lives. Drop off donations at 2700 Waialae Avenue at our donation shed, located next to our Admissions Center, day or night.
Check out the Amazon Wish List.
While Hill’s Pet Nutrition generously donates Science Diet for shelter animals, the Society is always in need of treats for our shelter pets, as well as formula and canned food for our puppies and kittens in foster care. The pet food bank, which helps people’s pets, is also in need of donations.
We do not accept items that are not listed due to the intensive resources required for disposal.
- Dog treats (no chicken jerky-type treats)
- Rabbit and guinea pig treats
- Bird treats
- Dry dog/cat food for Pet Food Bank
- Kitten formula (KMR powdered)
- Puppy formula (Esbilac powdered)
- Peanut butter
- 9 volt batteries
- Towels (used okay)
- Clay cat litter (non-clumping)
- Gallon-sized freezer bags
- Command wire hooks, small
- Dog beds by Kuranda
- Non-retractable leashes (4-foot)
- Portable puppy playpens
- Puppy Pads
- Replacement fabric for medium and large standard poly-resin Kuranda dog bed. (Nylon weave
fabric. Color: forest green for large and sierra green for medium beds.)