On rare occasions, viewable animals may not be available for adoption due to medical reasons, ownership or other special circumstances.
How to Adopt at the Hawaiian Humane Society
- View all available animals at the links above. These pages are updated daily and in real time.
- Adoptions are by appointment only. When you’re ready to adopt, schedule an appointment by clicking the “Make an Appointment” button below
- During your appointment, use our website or tour our campus to see all of the available animals. Guests have two main options during scheduled appointments:
- Appointment can be conducted remotely with guest speaking with an adoptions representative by phone while looking at available pets online. When a pet is selected, the guest will visit campus by appointment to pick up the animal.
- Guests can visit campus during their scheduled appointment time to select and pick up their pet.
- Limited walk-in appointments may be available but are not guaranteed.
- An adoptions representative will introduce you to the animal and set up a meet-and-greet.
- If you’ve found that they are the perfect fit for you and your family, let us know and our team will work to finalize the adoption.
- If they’re not the right fit please let a staff member or volunteer know so you can continue to look for your new family member.
A few things to note:
- You want to ensure the pet is the right fit for your family.
- We recommend meet-and-greets, including all dogs, to meet your potential new pet – we want to make sure it’s a good fit for everyone. Some dogs may require a mandatory introduction with your resident dog and other dogs may be single-dog homes only. To ensure the safety of the animals in our care, meet-and-greets between dogs and cats or dogs and small animals are not allowed.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have a current ID in order to adopt.
- The Hawaiian Humane Society has a retail store so you can go home with all the basic pet essentials.
Adoptions are by appointment-only during the open-hour times listed below.
Weekends: 10 am – 6 pm
Call 356-2218 for questions or more information.
Make an Appointment
Click the button below to view Hawaiian Humane’s appointment portal and schedule an appointment to adopt. Please note: A photo ID is required at the time of all appointments.
The Hawaiian Humane Society runs a non-profit adoptions center supported by donations. Oahu’s widest variety of dogs, cats and rabbits are available and include a spectrum of services: vaccinations, sterilization, free first visit to a participating veterinarian and a microchip. Vaccinations vary by species and many include: bordetella, distemper, hepatitis, para influenza, leptospirosis, and parvovirus.
There is no time limit on how long we’ll keep an animal. We do not place animals available for adoption on hold and frequently have puppies and kittens.
Puppies & Dogs
|Kittens & Cats||
|Senior for Senior Pets Discount||