On rare occasions, viewable animals may not be available for adoption due to medical reasons, ownership or other special circumstances.
Saturday, October 31 at 9 am This Howl-o-ween, stop by our Facebook page at 9 am to see adoptable animals during a live stream adoption event. You will have the chance to meet adorable animals and see plenty of Howl-o-ween costumes virtually. At 9:30 am, you will be able to book a same-day adoption appointment only on Howl-o-ween. See below for more information on adoption or call us at 356-2218.
How to Adopt at the Hawaiian Humane Society
- View all available animals at the links above. These pages are updated daily and in real time.
- Adoptions are by appointment only. When you’re ready to adopt, schedule an appointment by clicking the “Make an Appointment” button below
- During your appointment, use our website to see all of the available animals.
- Appointment are currently conducted with an adoptions representative by phone while looking at available pets online. When a pet is selected, the guest will visit campus by appointment to pick up the animal.
- Walk-in adoption visits are NOT available at this time.
Adoptions are by appointment-only during the open-hour times listed below.
Weekends: 10 am – 6 pm
Email AdoptionsAppointment@hawaiianhumane.org for questions or more information.
Make an Appointment
Click the button below to view Hawaiian Humane’s appointment portal and schedule an appointment to adopt. Please note: A photo ID is required at the time of all appointments.
The Hawaiian Humane Society runs a non-profit adoptions center supported by donations. Oahu’s widest variety of dogs, cats and rabbits are available and include a spectrum of services: vaccinations, sterilization, free first visit to a participating veterinarian and a microchip. Vaccinations vary by species and many include: bordetella, distemper, hepatitis, para influenza, leptospirosis, and parvovirus.
There is no time limit on how long we’ll keep an animal. We do not place animals available for adoption on hold and frequently have puppies and kittens.
Puppies & Dogs
|Kittens & Cats||
|Senior for Senior Pets Discount||