Update: Mahalo to all who participated in this year’s Mission PAWsible contest! The contest entry period is now closed and all submitted entries are under review. Contest winners will be notified if chosen.
Your next mission, should you choose to accept, is to be an animal hero! Enter the Hawaiian Humane Society’s Mission PAWsible Contest to tell us how you can be a hero for Oahu’s animals.
Entries will be accepted in the following categories:
1. Traditional Art (drawing, painting)
2. Digital Art (photography series, video, graphic design, animation)
3. Creative Writing (poetry, short story)
A total of Six (6) Grand Prize winners will be awarded!
- A $150 Visa Debit gift card
- Exclusive Hawaiian Humane Society tour
- Humane Achievement Award
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges. Entries will be reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria within the context of two grade spans: grades 6-8 and grades 9-12.
- Adherence to the Contest Theme (All entries)
The Hawaiian Humane Society strives to ensure that all animals on Oahu are treated humanely. Show or tell us what responsible pet ownership means to you.
- Creativity and Originality (All entries)
All entries must be an original creation and cannot be copied or traced from someone else’s work.
- Clarity of Message (All entries)
What is the message the artist is trying to convey? How is the message communicated? Does the message align with the Hawaiian Humane Society’s mission and values?
- Visual Quality and Design (Traditional Art and Digital Art categories)
- Size Regulations (Traditional Art and Digital Art categories)
Entries must be flat and 17×11-inch (ledger size) or smaller.
- Length Regulations (Digital Art and Creative Writing categories)
Photography entries can be submitted as a single photograph or as a series up to eight photographs. Videos must be 3 minutes or less. Written word entries must be 500 words or less.
- Correct Spelling, Grammar, and Appropriate Word Choice (Creative Writing category)
- Adherence to Submission Guidelines
Hawaiian Humane Society
Attention: Mission PAWsible Contest
2700 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96826
- Entries must include a fully completed Mission PAWsible submission form. If you submit your entry electronically, ensure you fill-out the online submission form in its entirety. If you submit your entry as a hardcopy, print out a submission form at HawaiianHumane.org/MissionPAWsible and include the submission form with your entry.
- Electronic submissions must be submitted as: .doc, .pdf, .jpeg, or as a Vimeo or YouTube link. Google docs will not be accepted.
- Participation indicates permission for the Hawaiian Humane Society to use entries at its discretion, including the entrant’s first name and school.
The contest entry period is now closed. Entries are under review and winners will be notified if chosen.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 356-2223.
View all of our 2019 contest winners below.