Wednesday, March 22, 2023
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join our team! The Hawaiian Humane Society is hosting a series of hiring open houses every Wednesday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am at both our current Mōʻiliʻili campus at 2700 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96826 and our new West Oʻahu campus at Fort Weaver Road and Old Fort Weaver Road, ʻEwa Beach, HI 96706 (click here for directions and parking information). We are looking to fill the following full-time positions:
- Admissions Representative (West Oʻahu & Mōʻiliʻili)
- Adoptions Representative (West Oʻahu & Mōʻiliʻili)
- Animal Caregiver (West Oʻahu & Mōʻiliʻili)
- Dispatch Operator (Mōʻiliʻili)
- Facilities Assistant (West Oʻahu)
- Field Services Officer – Overnight Shift (Mōʻiliʻili)
- Foster Care Assistant (West Oʻahu)
- Humane Investigator (West Oʻahu & Mōʻiliʻili)
- Outreach Assistant (West Oʻahu)
- VSA1 Shelter Clinic (West Oʻahu & Mōʻiliʻili)
- VSA1 Spay/Neuter Center (West Oʻahu)
Applicants should bring their current resume to the hiring open house. Applicants may attend the hiring open house and apply for positions are either location, but please note the specific position’s availability above. Applicants are also encouraged to apply online here.
- Candidate requirements:
- Must be over the age of 18.
- All positions are full-time and applicants least one day of weekend availability.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous professional animal handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to perform physically rigorous work, stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift up to 50 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have no limitations to prevent handling or working with animals.
- Must have compassion and concern for both animals and people.