The Hawaiian Humane Society invites all O’ahu high school students to apply to take part in Hawaiian Humane’s Teens4Animals Council program for the 2020-2021 school year!
In coordination with our education program, Council members develop, promote and lead school and community animal welfare initiatives and events throughout their one-year term. Council members form friendships with like-minded youth and are instrumental in further perpetuating the Hawaiian Humane Society’s mission to promote the human-animal bond and the humane treatment of all animals.
Students appointed to the Teens4Animals Council are expected to attend events and quarterly meetings, which are scheduled on weekends. Students are also required to participate in a 4-day training program. Due to COVID-19, this year’s 4-day training program will be held online. Quarterly meetings will be held either online or on campus depending on the situation. This year’s training will take place from June 30 – July 3, 2020.*
During their term, Teens4Animals Council members have the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead educational events and initiatives related to animal welfare in their school and community
- Staff interactive booths and games at Hawaiian Humane Society and community events
- Serve as a Hawaiian Humane Society spokesperson, promoting programs and initiatives via external and internal news outlets
- Participate in advocacy efforts related to animal welfare
- Create and lead an animal welfare club at their school
- And more!
Apply today to join the 2020-2021 Teens4Animals Council and learn how your voices and choices can make a difference for the animals in your community. Click the button below to apply or go directly to our registration site.
- Applications will be accepted through June 10, 2020.
- Limited positions available.
- Program registration does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
*All training program fees are waived for Council members.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 356-2223.