The Hawaiian Humane Society invites all Oahu high school students to apply to take part in the Society’s Teens4Animals Council program for the 2019-2020 school year!
In coordination with the Hawaiian Humane Society’s education program, Council members develop, promote, and lead school and community animal welfare initiatives and events throughout their one-year term. Council members form friendships with like-minded youth and are instrumental in further perpetuating the Society’s mission to promote the human-animal bond and the humane treatment of all animals.
Students appointed to the Teens4Animals Council are required to participate in a 4-day training program at the Hawaiian Humane Society. This year’s training will take place from June 11 – 14, 2019.*
During their term, Teens4Animals Council members have the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead educational events and initiatives related to animal welfare in their school and community
- Staff interactive booths and games at Hawaiian Humane Society and community events
- Serve as a Hawaiian Humane Society spokesperson, promoting programs and initiatives via external and internal news outlets
- Participate in advocacy efforts related to animal welfare
- Create and lead an animal welfare club at their school
- And more!
Apply today to join the 2019 – 2020 Teens4Animals Council and learn how your voices and choices can make a difference for the animals in your community. To apply, complete and submit an application form.
- Applications will be accepted until May 10, 2019
- Limited positions available
- Finalists will be notified on or before: May 24, 2019
- Mandatory Training Program: June 11 – 14, 2019, at the Hawaiian Humane Society*
*All training program fees are waived for Council members. Transportation to and from training will be provided for students in West Oahu (daily pick-up and drop-off at Kapolei High School).
For more information, email email@example.com or call 356-2206.
Current members of the 2018 – 2019 Council are: