Establish a Legacy of Caring.
- Will or Estate Plan Contribution. A bequest through your will or estate plan leaves a legacy of caring for the animals and people we serve. A Helen Kinau Wilder Legacy Society gift can include sponsorship of park benches, stepping stones and places around the shelter and in our gardens.
- Your Free Will. Making a will is one of the most important steps you can take for yourself and your family. We’ve partnered with FreeWill to offer a simple and efficient way to create your will. The service is free, whether or not you decide to include a gift to Hawaiian Humane Society—but we hope you do! Most people finish in 20 minutes or less. Click HERE to get started.
- IRA & Retirement Plan Contribution. Gifts from retirement plan accounts can be among the easiest to arrange. You simply designate the Hawaiian Humane Society to receive all or a portion of the balance of the funds when you no longer need them. This may allow you to give more than you ever thought possible, while leaving heirs other assets that may be taxed at lower rates.
- Life Insurance Policy Beneficiary. Gifts of a life insurance policy or proceeds of a policy that are no longer needed to protect a loved one can also be an excellent way to give. You may be able to use life insurance to “replace” assets you donate to charity, allowing you to provide for your loved ones and your charitable interests.
- Charitable Remainder Trust. A gift that provides you with immediate tax savings along with generous, lifetime payments, such as a charitable remainder trust, can be another way to give while maintaining or enhancing financial security.
Sample language to include the Hawaiian Humane Society in a will or trust.
To receive info on any of these opportunities, call 356-2213 or email email@example.com.