Paws on the Path is Hawaiian Humane Society’s hiking club. We meet the last Saturday of every month so that community members and their pets can enjoy adventures on Oahu’s beautiful hiking trails. There’s no need to register, just arrive at the trail-head or designated parking lot at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the hike.
For each hike, make sure to bring plenty of water for yourself and your dog and wear appropriate footwear (no slippers). We require all dogs stay on-leash during hikes to create a safe and fun experience for all of our hikers. In the event of severe weather conditions, remember to check the website or call 226-3872 for updates.
Day-of Hike Hotline: 226-3872
Manoa Falls Trail
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Location: 3739 Manoa Rd, Honolulu, HI 96822
Hiking Time: 2.5 hours
Date: June 29, 2019
Meet at: 8:00 am
Hike Starts: 8:15 am
- Take the H-1 West.
- Take Exit 24B to merge onto University Avenue.
- Follow University Avenue for about one mile until you reach Oahu Avenue in Manoa.
- Follow Oahu Avenue for about half a mile to the five-way intersection with Manoa Road and Lowrey Avenue. Bear right onto Manoa Road.
- Follow Manoa Road about 1.5 miles until you see a parking lot on the right, just past Treetops Restaurant.
- Take H-1 East.
- Take Exit 23 fr Punahou Street toward Waikiki/Manoa.
- Turn left on the off-ramp bridge onto Punahou Street.
- Follow Punahou Street for about half a mile and continue straight onto Manoa Road.
- Follow Manoa Road about 2.5 miles until you see a parking lot on the right, just past Treetops Restaurant.
- Manoa Falls Trail can get very muddy. Dress your pup (and you) accordingly
- Parking is extremely limited. Carpooling is highly recommended.
- There is a fee to park in the lot. Otherwise, you can park on the street and walk up the road.