Mahalo for your interest in joining our volunteer program.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for a limited number of on-site and off-site opportunities. Please see the information below about these opportunities and how to get started!
On-Site General Volunteers
- On-site volunteers commit to three hours of volunteering per week for at least three months at our Mō’ili’ili Campus in a variety of roles. At this time, on-site volunteers must be age 18 or older.
- We are currently recruiting for the Laundry Volunteer position.
- If you are interested in becoming an on-site volunteer, please complete our online General Volunteer Application.
Emergency Pet Shelter Volunteers
- Emergency Pet Sheltering (EPS) is a program we have in place to respond to emergencies and disasters islandwide as it pertains to animals. In the case of an emergency or disaster, we set up temporary pet shelters adjacent to human emergency shelters across the island to house the pets of individuals in our community.
- EPS volunteers in this role would be responsible for supervising these pet shelters with Hawaiian Humane support. This role is an on-call position and only deployed in the case of a natural disaster. Volunteers must be age 18 or older.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in this volunteer role.
Foster Care Volunteers
- Your help as a temporary foster parent brings pets from our shelter into your home and prepares them for adoption.
- As a foster care volunteer, your help also greatly reduces stress for the animals by minimizing their time in a shelter environment and eases the burden on our animal care staff, who are considered first responders.
- If interested in becoming a Foster Care Volunteer, please click on the link below to learn more.