For each hike, bring plenty of water for yourself and your animal. Stay with the group and do not hike without an experienced trailsman/woman who is familiar with the trail. Always carry your cell phone in case of emergencies. If you have any comments or feedback, call 356-2222.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Hiking Time: 2 hours
Date: Saturday, July 28, 2018
Hike Starts: 5:30 pm
Step out for the Hawaiian Humane Society’s 7th annual Makapuu Sunset Benefit Hike on Saturday, July 28, at 5:30 pm. This pet-friendly early evening hike features ocean views of East Oahu spanning Hawaii Kai to Waimanalo.
For a $25 donation, registered hikers will receive a Hawaiian Humane Society bandana (for pets or people) and light refreshments at the trailhead. Participants registered before July 24 will be entered to win a gift basket. Additional donations are always welcome. All proceeds benefit Oahu’s animals.
Directions From Town:
- Take the H1 East it will turn into Kalanianaole Highway (Route 72).
- Go past Hanauma Bay and Sandy Beach Park to Hawaii Kai Golf Course.
- About ½ mile past the golf course on the right is a gate blocking the trail entrance.
Directions From Windward:
- Take Kalanianaole Highway (Route 72).
- Go past Sea Life Park about a ¼ of a mile.
- You will see the trail on your left. Turn into the parking lot.
This is a 2-mile hike up a paved, slightly steep trail. It has little to no shade so be sure to bring lots of water.
Mark your calendars to join us on our monthly hikes:
|February||Kuliouou Ridge Trail|
|March||Maunawili Demonstration Trail|
|April||Makiki Loop Trail|
|June||Manoa Cliff Trail|
|July||Makapuu Benefit Hike|
|August||Ehukai Pillbox Trail|
|September||Aiea Loop Trail|
|November||Waimano Valley Loop|