Students living or attending school in Nanakuli, Waianae, Ewa Beach, Ewa, Kapolei, Waipahu and Pearl City are invited to enter the Hawaiian Humane Society’s video, essay or service project contest and share your thoughts about what animals in your community need. Your talent will help Oahu’s animals and you could win cash and other cool prizes! Teachers are encouraged to contact email@example.com for suggestions on how to integrate this contest into their curriculum activities.
Top winners in each category win:
• $150 cash and a pet gift basket
• A school trophy with your name
• Scholarship to the Hawaiian Humane Society’s Summer Experience class for winners 14 years and older
• All participants will be invited to a celebration bash on Saturday, May 3. Location to be announced.
All students in grades 6-12 and living in the Leeward school district are eligible to compete in this contest. Students may participate with partners or groups. All are encouraged to enter as many times and in as many categories as they wish.
There are a total of three possible submission categories which will be judged separately.
3. Service project
Topic for all submissions
• Entries should answer the question “What do animals in my community need?”
Submission details and rules
• Video submission requirements:
• Permission must be attained for all footage, music or photography used
• Videos must be 2 minutes or less and submitted as .mpg4 or .avi files
• Videos must close with the current Hawaiian Humane Society logo and URL
• Essay submission requirements:
• Length: 450 word maximum, double spaced
• Submissions must be submitted as .doc, .txt or .pdf files
• Service Project submission requirements:
• Submissions should be sent as a .doc, .txt or .pdf project summary and may include links to videos, presentations and photo albums.
• General rules:
• DEADLINE FOR ALL ENTRIES: Midnight March 31, 2014
• Entries must be submitted in electronic format to http://www.tfaforms.com/295778
• Contest participation indicates permission for the Hawaiian Humane Society to use entries at its discretion
• Winners will be announced during Be Kind to Animals Week, May 4 - 10, 2014