For each hike, bring plenty of water for yourself and your animal. Stay with the group and do not hike without an experienced trailsman/woman who is familiar with the trail. Always carry your cell phone in case of emergencies. If you have any comments or feedback, call 356-2222.
Aiea Loop Trail
Difficulty Level: Easy
Hiking Time: 2 hours
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
Meet At: 8:30 am
Hike Starts: 8:45 am
Directions From Honolulu:
- Merge onto I-H1 West bound.
- Proceed over Red Hill on 78 (just stay straight on H1, do not go towards the airport).
- At the bottom of the hill take the exit for Aiea. This will put you on Moanalua Rd.
- Turn right at Aiea Heights Dr. At the T intersection, turn left.
- Follow Aiea Heights Dr. to the top where you will enter Keaiwa Heiau State Recreational Area.
Directions From Ewa Beach:
- Get onto I-H1 East bound towards Honolulu.
- Take Exit 10 Waimalu.
- Merge onto Moanalua Rd from the right lane.
- Turn left at Aiea Heights Dr.
- Take the 3rd left to stay on Aiea Heights Dr.
- At the T intersection, turn left. Follow Aiea Heights Dr to the top where you will enter Keaiwa Heiau State Recreational Area. Follow the road (it will become a one way road) to the very top. Park in the parking stalls on your left.
You can park at the lower parking lot (first parking lot after the one way split) and walk to the top as the hike will end at the lower parking lot.
View Larger Map
Mark your calendar to join us for our monthly hikes: