4th Annual Makapuu Sunset Benefit Hike
Your $25 donation includes a Hawaiian Humane Society bandana (for pets or people), a bag-a-doo (doggie waste pouch) and refreshments.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Location: Makapuu Lighthouse
Hiking Time: 2 hours
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2015
Hike Starts: 5:30 pm
This is a 2-mile hike up a paved, slightly steep trail. It has little to no shade so be sure to bring water, sunscreen and a hat. There are no restrooms available. Parking at the trailhead is limited. Consider carpooling and arriving early.
Directions From Honolulu:
Directions From Windward:
- Take the H1 East. It will turn into Kalanianaole Hwy (Route 72).
- Go Past Haunama Bay and Sandy Beach Park to Hawaii Kai Golf Course.
- About 1/2 mile past the golf course, on the right is a gate blocking the trail entrance.
- Take Kalanianaole Hwy (Route 72)
- Go past Sea Life Park about a 1/4 of a mile.
- You will see the trail on your left. Turn into the parking lot.
View Larger Map
Mark your calendar to join us for our monthly hikes: