3rd Annual Makapuu Sunset Benefit Hike
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Location: Makapuu Lighthouse
Hiking Time: 2 hours
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2014
Hike Starts: 5:30 pm
This is a 2 mile hike up a paved, slightly steep trail. It has little to no shade so be sure to bring lots of water. Parking at the trailhead is limited. Consider carpooling and arriving early.
Register here. Your $25 donation includes a Hawaiian Humane Society bandana (for pets or people) and refreshments.
Directions From Honolulu:
Directions From Windward:
- Take the H1 East. It will turn into Kalanianaole Hwy (Route 72).
- Go Past Haunama Bay and Sandy Beach Park to Hawaii Kai Golf Course.
- About 1/2 mile past the golf course, on the right is a gate blocking the trail entrance.
- Take Kalanianaole Hwy (Route 72)
- Go past Sea Life Park about a 1/4 of a mile.
- You will see the trail on your left. Turn into the parking lot.
View Larger Map
Mark your calendar to join us for our monthly hikes: